Friday, September 22, 2006

Happy Autumnal Equinox!

After a couple of serious posts, here's a no brainer. Just enjoy the beauty of nature!

I always thought that the first day of autumn was on September 21. Then I read that this year, it's on the 23rd. Who knew? (Is the first day of fall also the autumnal equinox? I'm so confused...) So with a bit of stubbornness I'm splitting the difference and posting this today. Every area has their good and bad points. Here, the colors of fall are one of the best points.

This photo was taken in the (very) rural outskirts of Hoosick Falls, NY which is about 15 minutes from where Vermont, Massachusetts, and New York meet. I'll admit I had to do some searching to find a tree that was changing color. Don't get the impression this is representative of the foliage because it's not. Stay out of your cars and stay home! Everything else is still green as you can see by the tree in the background. They say the colors will be in all their splendor the second week of October.

No comments: