Friday, August 03, 2007

Hero Of The Week: A Special Little Girl

I've been waiting to find a hero for this post all week. Nothing. I was a feeling a little depressed. There were so many "Douche Bag of the Week" candidates to choose from but not one hero.

I thought about the folks in Minneapolis. While my heart goes out to the victims and their families, they aren't really heroes, and I just gave kudos to all first responders after the steam pipe incident in NYC.

Then I visited Pete over at It's Just Nothing and found this clip. The sun shone down and I knew I'd found my "Hero of the Week"! I just had to steal it for here. I'd normally just include a link to Pete's blog but I want to make sure you see it and not risk that you don't click over.

*

2 comments:

evilganome said...

I have to say, ordinarily I am pretty unimpressed with child performers, where being cute is a substitute for talent and the actual performance it really pretty painful. So, imagine my surprise when that little girls voice brought a tear to my cynical old eye. She really was wonderful and has a beautiful voice.

Gavin said...

I know, I know. Aside from the tears, I had goosebumps, too! One of those moments I'm glad was caught on camera.