Friday, August 03, 2007

A Real Humdinger

I was sending off a file to my client when we lost power. There were thunderstorm warnings for hours so I had unplugged my laptop so it wouldn't get fried.

First was the thunder, then the lightning, then the rain, and then the hail started. I used my digital camera to take a video and I just posted it on YouTube. It is sideways since I’ve never done it before and I held the camera on its side to try to keep it from moving in my hand. It may be sideways, but at least it's steady. hehe Next time I'll know better, but you’ll get the idea. Most of the hail was pea size but some went up to golf ball size and it was coming down so hard it looked like it was being thrown down!

After I took this video, I ran out and put the car in the garage since the hail was getting bigger and bigger. I was afraid ‘cause the lightning was coming down all around us. I have to go investigate what sounded like a tree getting hit by lightning just behind the house! If I find it, I'll take a pic.

This morning we watched and listened to two large woodpeckers on the tall telephone poles in the background.

*

2 comments:

michael sean morris said...

Oh that upstate weather!

Big Daddy said...

We've been getting hit hard here as well [Denver].