Sunday, October 15, 2006

CA State Senator Joe Dunn Receives ECCO Award

Congratulations to California State Senator Joe Dunn (D-Santa Ana) on receiving the 1st Annual Joe Dunn Award for Political Leadership from The Elections Committee of the County of Orange (ECCO) at their 23rd Annual Awards Dinner and Gala. Joe has been a leader in the fight for GLBT rights and his courage and positive attitude will be missed. He leaves office this year due to term limits — I look forward to his speedy return to public service!


ECCO is an all-volunteer non-partisan Political Action Committee serving the GLBT, HIV/AIDS, and women's communities in Orange County and Long Beach California.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I for one do honestly not understand how or why homosexuality should be legislated especailly by a Catholic man. I am very saddened by Joe not standing up for the belief he professes. I like Joe and Diane (his wife) and I have homosexuals in my own family that I love, but it shouldn't be in legislation and a man and a woman should be the only ones getting married. Joe is or was a Catholic...he knows better. So sad to me. But I still hope for the best life has to offer him.