Sunday, January 14, 2007

"He Fall Down And Go BOOM!"

We are currently experiencing freezing rain. Admittedly not quite like this photo, but everything is covered with a pretty thick coating of ice.

On my way to retrieve the Sunday paper curbside, I fell down. That's right, folks. Down on my side with a thud. I can't remember the last time I actually fell down it's been so long. Maybe that's one of those things that stops happening when we reach middle age. Unfortunately, when we are older and infirm, the falling comes back — except we break a hip instead of scraping a knee. It is with pretty good confidence that I can report that I would have broken my arm this morning if I was older. Ouch!

The silver lining is that my hip is intact and I didn't crack my head open. Anyway, I hope nobody was filming me cause it would make a funny YouTube video. Oh, and there was no newspaper. The carrier apparently had more sense than I did and stayed home!

[Post Title: Tweety about Sylvester.]

UPDATE (1/15 a.m.): My right tricep is very sore. Doing an inspection in the mirror for bruises, I noticed something. No bruises but I have more hair there than previously thought!

1 comment:

ArichNY said...

That is SO funny! Well, not really, but I had the same exact experience last night! I drove home safely, parked my car at the corner, began strolling towards my apartment, stepped onto the slanted corner sidewalk - an aid to those in wheelchairs, and SWOOSH!!! out went my legs from under me! Fell on one side, leg, arm...but luckily, no black and blue marks and nothing broken! Even we older folks escape breaks! Glad there was no candid camera around!