Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Dump Truck On Scarborough Country

Are you going to be Scarborough unFair?

Most of you know I sleep with the television on. A habit from when I was a kid where I need the noise to fall asleep. Of course, once I'm asleep, the stimulation does nothing for my rest since my subconscious essentially watches TV all night. Last night I was awakened by Joe Scarborough and an interview with Donald Trump about Rosie O'Donnell. [Notice my last post on AI was made in the middle of the night after this got me riled up.]

Joe Scarborough has been bashing Rosie O'Donnell all this week for her promotion of the conspiracy theory that 9/11 was masterminded by the Bush administration. See her blog. He's also been taking Barbara Walters to task for allowing Rosie to have The View as a forum. Saying Barbara is ruining her illustrious career, I think it is a back door way for him to get Rosie to shut up.

Of course, he knows Rosie is a ratings winner — they tease the story in all the previews and save the segment until last — so isn't he kinda a ratings whore? He may not like her but he'll ride her coattails to get higher ratings. Yes, Joe, some of us are smart enough to get it.

In this world, we know that birds of a feather flock together. So loser Donald Trump found a likeminded person with a media outlet. In an interview, the Dump Truck rehashed his tired insults of Rosie and Barbara and then threw Joy Behar into the mix. He must not have liked it when the whole panel on The View imitated his comb over. Wonder why he didn't criticize Elisabeth Hasselbeck who also participated. Hmmmmmm, because she espouses Republican viewpoints and she's a Bushie? Is this all political? It's a sorry state of affairs for President Bush when the only people left on his side are EH and the Dump Truck. Ugh.
*

4 comments:

Michael said...

Dump Truck is pathetic. He's riding Rosie's coat tails for ratings.

As far as Rosie's 9/11 conspiracy theory goes, I'm dubious. This administration can't even handle a hurricane competently, how on earth would they have the pulled off the planning, organization and forsight to execute the implosion of three buildings in downtown Manhattan with no one finding out? She should keep that theory under her hat because it could make her come off as crazy as her Tommy is these days. Otherwise I love her!

Gavin said...

I hear ya. I've been trying to educate myself on this before I do a post. I did a post on United 23 back on
Feb 11th before I heard this stuff:

http://y-oh-y.blogspot.com/2007/02/united-23.html

The only thing so far that has me leaning toward her: if the facts are so obvious, why aren't they being used to refute the conspiracy. Rather than saying she's unpatriotic, Scarborough should have non-government apolitical experts on that say Building 7 failed because of X, Y and Z, and the conspiracy is wrong because of such and such facts.

I never saw the rubble in person, but I assumed that one of the towers fell over into 7 and compromised it at the base. If I recall, the first tower went down straight and the other seemed to break in half and fall at an angle. Kinda like the Titanic. That's just what I noticed on tv.

The ultimate problem is that we have a government that lies to us so these types of things can take hold. Unfortunate, but true. This goes way back before Bush...as we see a distrust of the governmnet with the Kennedy assassination.

Red Seven said...

Like Michael, I think that the Bush administration is evil enough to have masterminded the whole thing, but they're not near smart enough.

And I love Ro, but if she's doing the 9/11-conspiracy thing, it makes me doubt her smarts as well. Of course, I haven't seen the clip, so I'm not going to take Joe Scarborough's word for it; like many of the things Rosie says on The View, it could have been taken WAY out of context.

Gavin said...

Ro and EH had more debate on this today. They must have been reading this post and comments. (Yeah, right.) Ro said she wants to get an expert on The View from Harvard or Yale to explain this. This is a great idea..should of thought of it myself...wait, I did! [Joy said that Bushie went to Yale so that isn't necessary where you'll find intelligence!]