Saturday, March 31, 2007

Saturday Morning Levity

If you've ever been aggravated by a phone rep at a CALL CENTER, perhaps they have more going on than you think. As a former technical support rep I feel a certain level of solidarity with them.

I can tell you it is the most stressful job I have ever had. Even though I held it for two years 20 years ago, I still avoid the phone and wouldn't work with the public again. No one calls these lines to chat, every call is a problem, and 50% of the people are irate and feel entitled to abuse you.
*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! As a customer omplaining about a phone company's service, I was made to wait for more than 20 minutes while the call center rep consulted her supervisor.

In the end, she told me that the poor connection to overseas phone numbers are not their company's fault.