Friday, May 11, 2007

REPOST: Remember Jonny Quest?

For you 40ish cartoon fans, check out this photo at Atomische. (He's a great photoblogger from NY.) It reminds me of the electrical monster that Jonny Quest and his family had to vanquish so many years ago.

I grew up with a gal that had the last name of Quest has been called Hadji her entire life. And let's face it, Race was no slouch. Just sayin'.

Update: The electrical monster, officially called the Invisible Monster, was a creature of pure electrical energy brought to life by Dr. Isaiah Norman in an experiment gone horribly wrong. Forced to consume other sources of electricity (including human beings) to survive, the only traces it left were mysterious footprints and destroyed vegetation. Truly invisible until rendered visible by being doused with paint, this creature gave an eerie cry when on the prowl. It also had a single huge eye, and tremendous mouth, and a singleness of purpose that ultimately led (with a trail of delectable-looking light bulbs) to its destruction when Dr. Quest was able to reverse the process by which it was created, and destroy it.

I just discovered Big Daddy's comment to my original post. He left a funny link to a JQ video. I hadn't considered scanning YouTube for an appropriate clip to include here. After I looked at the link, I found the JQ Intro. They don't make cartoons like that anymore!*

4 comments:

Tony said...

OK Don't get me hooked on Johnny Quest again. I was fanatical about watching that cartoon as a child. I don't think I've heard that name mentioned since then. A RUSH of memories.

cb said...

Loved Jonny Quest! What could be better than a young boy running around half naked with hot daddy and uncle figures around in bathing suits??

Also, the atomische picture looks like an angry penis after a bad date.

Big Daddy said...

You need to check out this!

Steve said...

I remember that monster! And queer minds must think alike as I blogged about him today!