Monday, March 31, 2008

Catch Up

I was up all night last night with pain from the kidney stone. It started about 10, by midnight I had thrown up because of the spasming, and I laid awake for the next 6 hours — in between all the pacing. For some reason, pacing seems to take my mind off of things and I think it helps move my internal organs around to help the stone move.

There was significant movement today about 2 in the afternoon and the pain is gone. Keep me in your thoughts that I catch something in the strainer tonight.

For those of you that took umbrage at my disclaimer on yesterday's stuffed animals post, I was wondering how that pic would look to y'all. I live in a house decorated by a lady senior citizen (mom). It is stuffed animals, all things wolves, and clowns galore. But the rent is free, so it may bug me a bit, but did I mention the rent is free?
*

8 comments:

Doralong said...

Hey, what's a few beanie babies compared to free rent?

Umm, hope everything works out for you this evening.. Pain is bad enough, but with lack of sleep too- nasty combo!

mmennonno said...

Sounds awful. Very low pain threshold here, particularly for anything that goes on and on and on, like what you're describing. Is there anything you can take for the pain?

michael sean morris said...

I kind of took umbrage but I didn't say anything; I live alone and pay all my bills myself and it looks like the inside of a toy box in here. The only way I could pose my cat with a half dozen stuffed animals is through careful composition. To each his own; it makes sense if you've ever read my blog.

Jodi said...

Awww, I hope it passes tonight!! I will keep you in my prayers.

As far as the stuffed animals go, I didn't pay no mind...I thought they were cute, I thought the cat was even cuter! Free rent is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the pain is gone--now get some rest.

"Out, out, damned stone!"

--Alex

RG said...

Ugh - I feel your pain. Whenever I've had the stones kick in, it's always the lack of sleep that gets on my nerves. If I can just get some rest....

Feel better. If the stuffed animals start moving, you've taken too much oxycodone.

Gavin said...

Well, things were pretty good yesterday after I felt the movement. That is, until 3:45 this morning when the throbbing started. It is lower in my abdomen than it was, which is progress, but I'm still hurting. I'm taking hydrocodone as necessary.

My mom had 3 sets of tests at the hospital this morning. My brother stepped up and took her. That was good for my kidney stones and my nerves!

the cajun said...

I know the pain of which you write. Even though I have not ingested caffeine, or any soda in at least 5 years I have had three in that time. I fear that I am incubating one now, since the kidney acked up this afternoon and is tonight still uncomfortable.

Yes, once they break loose it is a relief, but the worst is yet to come. The hard part is passing the little fuckers.

I've caught 4 or 5 of them and they all look alike. Moon rocks!

Take care, my friend, and just get through.