Wednesday, May 21, 2008

TV Tuesday On Wednesday: American Idol

For the David vs. David finale, each had to sing three songs. This year, they scrapped the idea of each singing the same song as the third choice.

In Order Of My Preference
David Archuleta

Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
• His voice was wavering at first. I don't know if it was nerves, or his voice was weak and he was pushing it too hard.
• He did a great job.
• I thought he was going to break down crying after Simon said "Round 1" went to him.

In This Moment
• Impressive, soaring vocal.
• As with David C.'s second song, I didn't dig the song and I wasn't sold.

Imagine
• He opted to sing the song that garnered him the most praise during the season.
• Wise choice; he was excellent!
• A great way to end the competition.


David Cook

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
• Really good vocal.
• He owned the stage.
• His hair was brushed up and it didn't look like his usual "I'm trying to hide a receding hair line"; oh, and he has incredibly big feet!

Dream Big
• I didn't dig the song and I wasn't sold.
• He's a great live performer.

The World I Know
• The song didn't show off his strengths.
• Only glimpses of greatness.
• He was in the moment and emotional.

David Archuleta brought it and was clearly the best of the evening.
*

4 comments:

Lacey said...

Oh my goodness. It took you this long to notice his feet. I've been noticing...

Well, anyway, yes, unfortunately little Archie seems to have won the night. Still, I'm lovin me some Cook.

Maybe it's for the best. Oh, and not that anyone asked, but my favorite, all time Idol, is still Elliot Yamin.

Gavin said...

I, too, am a fan of Mr. Yamin and rooted for him the season he was competing. (Taylor Hicks is going to be in Grease on Broadway.)

I think my all-time fave is Fantasia. Her performance last week wasn't her finest moment, but I saw her on Broadway in The Color Purple and she was excellent. A perfect example of someone with incredible talent with the wrong management.

cb said...

Fartuleta is gonna win because of the pre-teeny girl vote. Despite his inability to perform his way out of a paper bag or to look like a special needs child on stage.

He has a good voice and will make a nice adult contemporary song or two.

David Cook should win- but won't, which is probably the best thing for him.

Jodi said...

I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!! (Can you tell I'm posting this late Wednesday night???)