Monday, March 23, 2009

The Tank Feels Empty

Boy, I haven't felt much like blogging. I have some generic posts set up for just such occasions and I didn't even feel like posting them.

I was going to write about how Laura Ingraham was Douche Bag of the Week last week. I was going to find a Bugs Bunny cartoon to post for some fun. I was going to write about the perils of driving in an area teeming with wildlife. I was going to write about the race to replace U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand in the NY 20th Congressional (not exciting, but something unique going on here). I've been working on starting a new business but had a sudden loss of confidence and wonder if all the work is worth it.

I think it could be the Lexapro which doesn't seem to make me feel any better. I'm feeling down in the dumps and stressy at the same time. The double-whammy of what it is like to be me.

So, I'm still here. I'm dreading some calls with my work client today. It's one of those situations you know is going to end up a big mess where I, as the messenger, is going to get the blame.

7 comments:

Tate said...

Been there for quite awhile. Thoughts are with you, and hope you are feeling better soon.

ArichNY said...

I hear you too. Sort of in the same place...finding it difficult to get myself motivated. Hang in there.

Mom said...

Breathe in, breath out, and take a long nap. Blessings to you.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. It doesn't help that Spring is really dragging its heels--cold and windy and gray. All I want to do is bundle up on the couch and get warm. Hope you feel better soon!
--Alex

Anonymous said...

ONLY I have the leg injury as an excuse, so I feel sorry for you today....but you ARE the king of guy who doesn't let that stuff keep you down. However, in this case, even TV will be more vapid than usual with nothing re-runs for a while. Oh well....GO re-watch I-Claudius....THAT Grand Opera of Murder & Mayhem will keep you going, and make some things look brighter. Hope you're feeling better just by the time you read this.

Anonymous said...

I tried Lexapro once and I think it made me bored. I was just sighing the whole day -- nothing interested me. Tell your doctor. Maybe there is something better for you.

Getting out in the sunshine might help a little too.

mary

michael sean morris said...

I find ten or twelve deep breaths of fresh air gives me the strength to keep going. Also a change of posture... Otherwise, just take it easy and recharge for a few days. We're not going anywhere.