Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy Twenty Ten

According to my Libran horoscope at Yahoo! Shine, I'm in for a great 2010.

I started seeing a new counselor a couple of months ago to help with my transition back into the "real" world. Now that I don't have my Mother's care as my sole purpose, I'm embarking on a whole new life. What is my new purpose? Who am I, and who do I want to be? What am I doing, and what do I want to do? Am I happy where I am, or is it time for another big move?

The horoscope overview touches on a lot of what I've been discussing in my sessions:

You're going to be pressed to decide if your internal sense of happiness should be the focus of life more than the outward signs of success. This may have been weighing heavily on your mind for the last several months, as far as work and the state of your love life. What you are likely to be weighing this year is a little more intangible (and a little more important) than those things. Specifically, in 2010 you'll find yourself weighing out the cost of the connections you've formed for yourself versus their actual value to you.

Once you realize that you yourself are at least as shiny and pretty as any accessory — in your heart and soul, where beauty really counts — you'll have begun assembling a better You.
In fact, I have a constant struggle within myself. Inside, I am happy with less. The less I have, the happier I seem to be. The more money I make, the more I give away. But the external forces of society occasionally convince me I want to jump on the consumerism bandwagon and acquire more and more and more.

There's good news on the career front:
The last year has probably presented more frustrations than triumphs in the work and money departments for you. Thankfully, it all turns around this year! In January, an eclipse in your Career House will make for distinct changes at your place of work. Don't worry, you can handle it. You'll have the opportunity to show off your skills in new ways that are more likely to garner attention.

The second eclipse will finish the course set by the first one, and will likely propel you into a new job or a new position of prominence in the old one. Although these developments may come as a surprise to you, in hindsight they will have been a result of events that have been brewing for a while. If you think about where your work life has been the last couple of years, it's obvious that some kind of change was called for, even if it isn't immediately obvious.
My (lack of a) love life looks like it's in for some decent changes as well:
If you find yourself looking for love, much of the year will bring new found attention. Mars in your House of Love Received will bring surprising attention from both new players and those who may have not expressed an interest before. If you are seeking a mate, this is good news.
It looks like I'm in for a pretty good year. It's about time!

4 comments:

rodger said...

Happy New Year Gavin!! A virtual New Year's kiss to you and may 2010 bring many new beginnings.

ArichNY said...

It sounds like a good year in store!!!

Lacey said...

Gavin??? Gavin???

sheesh...you think you know someone....

Gavin said...

You haven't seen my name on here before?

I don't mention it myself, but others that know me in the "real world" have mentioned it in comments before.

I haven't mentioned my mother's name on the AM blog, and will for the first time in a post going up tomorrow. It's something I had to really consider.

Part of the fun of the whole blog thing is to be anonymous although posting my pic on here takes away from that.