Monday, June 11, 2007

Albany Pride Parade And Festival

Two mounted police lead the pride parade down Lark Street in Albany. Not quite the size as what they put on in larger cities as you can see but an important presence nonetheless. An orderly crowd and no talk of protesters. I wonder if their tired asses have finally gotten "used to it"!

The parade lasted about 15 minutes and ended in Washington Park where the festival was held. Live music, fair-type fare, and information booths. Hardly any folks selling things and a noticeable lack of rainbow trinkets.


I watched the parade with some old and new friends...not their ages but rather how long I've know them. When I was thinking about this I realized that I never added It's Just Nothing to my blog roll. I chalk it up to one of those things I thought was already done. Anyway, that has been remedied!

Our hero Idle Eyes and a Dormy shook the junk in his trunk on the float for Rocks bar.

Another float in the parade.

It was warm and a tad humid but the overcast sky kept things bearable (but not bare-able).
*

2 comments:

cb said...

I don't know why I'm surprised that Albany has a gay pride parade... Heck, Durham NC does.

Only Durham's parade is in September.

Don't ask.

Kevin said...

Only 15 minutes? Maybe you should split time with the one in PHX. It lasted TWO hours. In the PHX sun.