Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Post Number 500

When I started this blog back in September I had no idea I'd make it beyond a month let alone to post 500. A blogger milestone.

My First Post

"Funny things happen to me. I don't know why, but they do.

Since I'm not going to do stand-up, this seems to be the perfect way to tell the stories of my life."
While I've missed the mark from the stated goal in my first post regarding funny things, I'm pretty happy with how things have gone. I think I'm smarter and wittier than how this makes me appear. (That statement is either true or I'm deluding myself.) Nonetheless, I have not burned out yet and still look forward to writing posts and reading other blogs every day.

Over the course of these first 500 posts, I've found myself a bit reserved on what I'm willing to share. In person I'll tell you anything about myself. But in a forum where I don't control who the potential audience is? Not so much. Most of my funny stories are personal, or involve persons in my life, and I'm unwilling to commit those experiences to electronic media for anonymous worldwide consumption.

I look forward to sharing the next 500 posts with my growing readership and hope that I can bring a unique common-sense perspective on important topics of the day.
*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never intended my posts to get very personal either, I am mostly reserved when it comes to such things. I guess the act of blogging takes on a personality of its own, I certainly had no idea where I was headed with it. 500 is quite a milestone. Congrats! It will take me years to get there at my current entry rate...

Big Daddy said...

Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on #500!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on halfway to 1000!

You are right, it's a fine balancing act being authentic and maintaining the distinction between personal things one is willing to disclose, and a sense of privacy and control over aspects of our off line lives.

michael sean morris said...

Mazel tov!

Speaking from experience, the best is yet to come. 500 is about where you find your blogger voice.

dirk.mancuso said...

Congratulations!

Here's to the next 500 (and the 500 after that).