Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Brunswick Cares Q2 07 Results

Q2 2007 (VALUE / SPENT): $259.62 / $46.11
In the second quarter of 2007, the deals were less than the first quarter of this year. Bargain priced items, particularly cans of Chicken of the Sea Tuna on sale for 50¢, made up the bulk of the donations.

Each $1 contribution carried the value of roughly $5.50 in purchases when sale prices, coupons, and rebates were factored in. That's a 550% return on donation. That's down significantly from 1300% from last quarter, but a great deal nonetheless!


I started the Brunswick Cares donation club at the end of 2005 in order to donate non-perishable food and personal care items to charitable organizations. After some research, I settled on Troy’s Unity House Food Pantry since they tend to HIV/AIDS affected, elderly, and poor constituencies.

Over the years I would see things for free, or at a significant discount when I was shopping and I'd think they might be good for someone even though I didn't particularly need or want the items. So I decided to take advantage of the freebies and donate them to reputable charities. What started as a personal effort turned into a eclectic collection of friends and neighbors as soon as folks found out about what I was doing and my success. Everyone gets excited when they can actually see the bags and boxes of goods that I accumulate.

MISSION STATEMENT
Brunswick Cares collects donations from club members at the beginning of every quarter. Over the course of the next three months, the club watches for incredible deals on non-parishable food and personal care items — then buys them in bulk and donates them to charity. This provides the highest amount of quality products to needy families at the best cost.
*

No comments: