Wednesday, July 18, 2007

ReRePost: Eight Things You Don't Know About Me

ReRePost: Michael at Manhattan Chowder and Gay Canuck in the Capital posted this week.


RePost: A couple more of my cyber-buddies have thrown their blogs behind this meme so I'm reposting with updated links. I still haven't seen Jeffrey, Pete, Tony, cb, Red7, Evil, Farmboyz, JP, MSM of PCI, Alan, or Tater participate. If you need a formal invitation, consider one made! That is, unless you are wiping your brow and happy that this one has passed you by!!!

I got tagged by Sister Nancy Beth Eczema with the "Eight Things You Don't Know About Me" meme. God bless her. Mike over at MIKE in the MIDDLE AGES also hit me up. And so did Al over at Synaptic Blue. Check out their posts to get a flavor of their blogs and personalities.

Kevin over at Actor Schmactor has already posted his eight and so has Proud Progressive at Some Notes On Living. Dirk weighed in over at Too Disgusting...Too Compelling..., and John at By The Bayou, as well.

Sean reluctantly agreed at Idle Eyes and a Dormy and blamed thanked me for including him. Rich at A Work In Progress seemed as enthused as Sean.
The Rules
1. Post these rules.
2. Players who are tagged write eight random facts/habits about themselves on their own blog.
3. At the end of the post, choose eight people to get tagged and list their names with links.
4. Don’t forget to leave a comment on their blog telling them that they’ve been tagged and to read your blog for the details.
1. I love to write Letters To The Editor and I'm quite successful at getting published. You may have seen me in the editorial pages of USA Today, The Los Angeles Times, The Orange County Register, Conde Nast Traveler, and The (Troy, NY) Record.

2. I was an excellent trumpet player in middle school — first chair in the band — with aspirations of being like Doc Severinsen but I quit when...

3. We got a new band teacher in the eighth grade whose method for determining the rankings within the band was all about challenging someone ahead of you to a musical duel and she would be the judge. I am VERY adverse to confrontation and, considering that I was at the top of the heap, I'd be the one everyone would target. I felt my future would be rife with constant upset so I quit. She lost the best player in the band and didn't seem to really care. Effing bitch.

4. I was voted "Most Gullible" by my high school graduating class. I choose to live in a world where I believe what people tell me. This, as it turns out, is a life strategy full of betrayal and hurt. But once you lie to me, I won't believe anything else you tell me without internal skepticism. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Not many have fooled me twice.

5. My first car was a little 1973 Honda Civic. Yes, 1973. You can tell those models because they have a mini trunk and not a hatchback. I loved it and have only owned Hondas/Acuras since then.

6. I'm on the Board of Directors for one of the largest GLBT Political Action Committees in California with both state and federal charters. I still track CA GLBT friendly legislation for inclusion in the monthly donor newsletter that I write.

7. I love to garden and my favorite flower is the peony. I still have a bunch of peony photos from the garden that need to be posted as part of my flower series of posts.

8. I received my Lifesaving Swimming Certificate when I was a short and scrawny 11.75 years old. I've hardly swam since.

I won't tag eight people here since most of the blogs I regularly read have already been hit. But I do owe Michael at Manhattan Chowder for a tag he sent my way a couple of months ago.

Of course, if you're looking for some blog fodder content, feel free to pull this and add a comment on this post so we can come over and read it!
*

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I added you to my blogroll. Could you take a look and see if my site is worthy to be on your roll? :-)

Gavin said...

Hey Eric--

I've added you to my Google reader. It may seem silly, but I don't add blogs to my blogroll until after I've read them for quite a while....and then no more than one a week so I can do a nice post that introduces them to my readers.

I'll keep my eye on you! ;)

Big Daddy said...

Ha.

I was voted 'Most Likely To Question The Outfits Of Celebrities' in high school.

Everyone pretty much knew I was out, plus I was Entertainment Editor of the school paper.

dirk.mancuso said...

I'm with you on #4. I tend to believe people even when I know I shouldn't. Despite my daily bouts of venom spewing bitchery, I am still a naive goof at heart.

Breenlantern said...

Doh...peer pressure wins again. I've posted per you're invite.

ArichNY said...

Damn! I need to post something soon, don't I!!!!!?

I need a fire lit under me. (
Does that sound like an invitation?)

michael sean morris said...

I haven't participated because I'm not very smart. I'll reread the rules tomorrow and see if I can figure out how to do it.

cb said...

We had the same fucking "challenge" thing in my school. I was first chair trombone in concert band and a target. My best friend was first chair trombone in jazz band.