Monday, June 02, 2008

Book Meme

In a way, I was somewhat relieved that Tater tagged me for this meme. Now that Dancing With The Stars and American Idol are over for the season, no more recaps, and I have to put on my thinking cap for daily posts. Yikes, I have to start thinking!

Here is the meme:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Locate the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences on your blog and in so doing...
5. Tag five people and acknowledge who tagged me.

My nearest book was Night by Elie Wiesel. I opened to page 123 and there are only 120 pages. My kind of book!

I could have stopped there but there wouldn't be much fun in that. So, the second nearest was Putting On The Ritz by Joe Keenan. If you haven't read any of these gay farces, they are definitely worth a chuckle. Read them in order, starting with Blue Heaven. The author was a lead writer on Frasier.

From page 123:

"She listened politely to the flood of anecdotes, offering those little exclamations and promptings upon which the self-flattering reconteur so relies. She did manage, though, when unobserved, to direct a few looks my way. These looks, though fleeting, were so pregnant with menace that I spent the entire meal gazing fretfully across at her like a Polynesian virgin contemplating a volcano."

I will tag the following people:

Mike because it will probably be something incredibly obscure and complex that will go over my head, or given his unpredictability, something devoid of meaning and absolutely frivolous.
Mark because it will probably be a book about nature of some sort and I dig that.
Rodger because I'm just getting to know him better since NYC.
Atari because he's needing some love lately.
Rich because I need to keep him in the loop even if he is in sunny St. Pete!

I'm pretty sure these tag-ees are different from the last meme I did so I'm spreading the pain joy.

Enjoy your week!
*

No comments: