Thursday, August 28, 2008

Site Refresh

I'm coming up on my second year anniversary of blogging and, like last year, was going to give the site a face lift. One of the things I hadn't considered was widening the area for posts. But, after I saw what Mike did with his recent refresh, I decided to broaden this posts area another 100 pixels so my photos will be larger. I hope.

With the old template, I used Photoshop to size all pics and graphics to 400 pixels wide. Blogger would reduce them to that size as it seemed that 400 was the max both in width and height...all photos reduced to fit that dimension. I don't know if that is blogger or the template I'm using. Now that I have more space, I wonder if I can get away with them being 500 pixels wide?

I decided to do the refresh today, rather than roll it out on the blog's official anniversary as I had planned, because I have a large photo post in the works for Monday and I want everything in place and working by then. We'll see if I've been successful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary buddy :-) I am coming up to my 1st Anniversary. Time flys when your having fun :-)

Jodi said...

I like the new look!!! Happy Early Anniversary!