Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tip From The Kitchen

Let me start by acknowledging up front that I don't like to cook. I can, and can make anything from a recipe. I just don't like to...so the easier the better. My ex, with all his flaws, was an incredible cook and he liked to do it. We generally split the duties where I did the shopping, he did the cooking, and I did most of the clean up.

Many of you may remember my revelation some months back about making boxed Macaroni & Cheese. (You make the sauce before you add the pasta back into the pot which solves the problem of the dry 'cheese' mix sticking to the noodles and spreading unevenly.)

With that background out of the way, I just made a macaroni and shrimp salad. Macaroni, mayo, onions, and a can of shrimp. Stop the snickering.

I had heard a tip and just tried it so thought I'd pass it along. Do you ever burn the macaroni to the bottom of the pot while you're boiling it? Well, before you put the water in the pot, spray the bottom with non-stick cooking spray. Voila, problem solved!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank the FSM for frozen burritos! I could never snicker at anyone's cooking--I've "made" canned tamales covered with peanut butter and marshmallow fluff.
--Alex

Tate said...

I would never criticize, as people who do not like to cook are the reason I get to shoot so much packaging for food companies.

Doralong said...

Good for you for expanding your skill set!

Lacey said...

What? No celery in that salad?