Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm Just Not That Excited

I feel odd.

I mean odder than usual.

I'm just not feeling the whole Obama thing. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy, I'm just not ecstatic. I'm looking forward to what the future brings, but I don't see all sunshine and rainbows. I wish him well but I don't have tears in my eyes or butterflies in my stomach.

Maybe it's because I'm relieved that the whole thing is finally over. I think my energy has been slowly drained over the past year and now I feel like a rung out wet rag.

And it makes me feel like I'm missing out.

3 comments:

michael sean morris said...

It's good not to fly so high... It'll keep you from crashing.

Honestly, I'm just as relieved Bush is gone as Obama's in charge; I like Obama, but I'd feel almost the same if it was Hillary or John Edwards.

Plus, all the crap with Rick Warren seriously took the edge off my glee.

The Bum said...

I have a bit of that myself. By the same token, I found it almost impossible to turn off the TV Tuesday. I was surprised not to be brought to tears and was really upset during the whole Ted Kennedy confusion. Still, the whole day felt historic. And I guess I'm getting old and soft but there's something about seeing that little family together that just makes me smile. It has been a rough 8 (10, 12, 20, 40?) years. Times are still tough. Somehow it's still worth it.

cb said...

Nah, I Feel the same. I'm like "enough already-- get to work!"