I love these Untangled videos!
We wrapped up some loose ends in this Kate-centric episode.
• Well it was pretty obvious what was going to happy with shot little Ben. Jin would wake up and bring him back to the Barracks for a quick turn on the operating table. The surprise, however, was Juliet doing the surgery instead of Jack. And Jack going all John Locke on us with his new-found idea that the island is in charge and he's merely a pawn who doesn't know his purpose. Yet.
• Cassidy, on the other hand, was a surprise. Kate fulfilled Sawyer's request and took care of his spawn Clementine.
• Hurley stumped Miles on the time line. It's about time they all sat down and had a conversation where they tried to figure out the whole mess. I don't feel so bad that I can't put it all together since they can't either. Of all the "intellectuals" on the island, it is Hurley who's thought most about it.
• I was confused when Kate was in the car with Aaron and he wanted some milk. I thought this was after she took off from the dock where they all congregated to go back to the island and she was having none of it. But, Sayid got in the car with them but he wasn't there during the trip to the grocery. I'm unclear when all this happened.
• Nice to find out why they didn't kill little Ben. It's lame, but they save him as a boy because he is innocent regardless of what he grows up to be. So would they save little Hitler?
• Jack tempts destiny by refusing to operate on shot little Ben.
• Juliet found out that Jack and Kate were engaged off-island. Will she use that to keep Sawyer in check? She may not need to since Sawyer admitted to Kate they would never have made it as a couple.
• I'm still not digging Matthew Fox's shaved body.
• Odd that Kate and Sawyer handed over someone else's child. Shouldn't that be a decision the father is involved in?
• Who is the other Other? They mentioned Charles in there, too...another reference to Charles Widmore.
• Richard said Ben would be forever like them if he was left with the Others. Did Richard take him down into Old Smokey's cave like the Frenchies and he'll be changed like them? Is Ben alive or like Claire and Christian?
• John Locke still looks dead when he's alive!
• Next week, Old Smokey passes judgment on adult Ben! But, does Smokey kill the good ones or the bad ones?
Well, Losties, tell me what's on your mind!
Thursday, April 02, 2009