Here's a great recipe for Potato Leek Soup (optional w/ chicken) that I found on All Recipes many years ago. I just dug it out and made a pot this afternoon.
IngredientsThat's it. It's a great way to use up some left over roasted chicken!
• 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
• 3 leeks, sliced 1/2" thick (white part only)
• 1 quart chicken broth
• 1 tablespoon corn starch (or substitute flour)
• 5 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed (or substitute white potatoes)
• 2 cups heavy cream (or substitute half-and-half)
• 2 cups cooked chicken, diced (optional)
In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add leeks and cook until tender, stirring frequently, and separating rings. Season with salt and pepper. About 15 minutes.
Stir corn starch into broth and add to pot. Season with salt and pepper. Add potatoes and bring to a boil.
Stir in heavy cream and reduce heat. Simmer until potatoes are tender.
Optional: add chicken