Sunday, November 08, 2009

The Middle East Peace Talks

The New York Times op-ed columnist Thomas Friedman eloquently says what I've been thinking for a while. I just said to my brother the other day, "Why are we the ones that have to make peace between Israel and the Palestinians? Why doesn't anyone else care enough to do it? We've been at it long enough. Let the Russians do it for a while."

Every time I see the Israelis building another settlement in an area that everyone knows is disputed, I just want to scream. We should provide humanitarian aid, in equal $ amounts, to each side and suspend all military assistance.

Read Friedman's article here.

1 comment:

Mark H said...

I am ALWAYS saying this to others too....WHAT? ANOTHER Settlement in the West Bank, and "then" maybe we'll talk? They have the West Bank laid out like a checkerboard...there can never BE an independent Palestinian state if Israel has the country peppered with their own settlements. I don't get ths posturing, political words...it's completely phony.