Monday, October 09, 2006

It's Nuclear, Not Nucular

I used to think that President Bush was just stoopid. Now I know he's stoopid and I've added stubborn to the mix. George knows his pronunciation of 'nuclear' is wrong. It's been pointed out to him. He's been spoofed. He's the butt of jokes. Yet he continues to look like an unedumacated mule from Texas (I'm sure Yale is so proud; Laura the librarian wife must be, too) by refusing to make the correction. His "I know I'm wrong but I'm gonna do it my way anyhow" attitude is a core personality trait. Witness Iraq. Maybe God spoke to him and told him how to pronounce it. After all, his God ordained him President so he must be infallible.

In this morning's press conference, he spoke about the possibility of a nucular test on the Korean puh-nin-shoola yesterday. Americans are criticized the world over for our lack of foreign language skills. Hell, the President can't even speaka da ingles. It's clear that good ol' Georgie was 'One Child Left Behind.'

I'm waiting to read the leaked memo from Rupert Murdoch to all Fox News employees to start using nucular. If President Bush says it enough, and Fox News repeats it enough, it must be true.

No comments: