Thursday, July 12, 2007

I Got My Friend Today

I've been having a higher-than-normal amount of anxiety lately. I've learned that this generalized stress that I can't attribute to any particular factor can be a pre-cursor to kidney stone problems.

Those of you that have read this blog for a while probably remember my descriptions of such passings several months ago. Well I got out my strainer and strained my urine for about 3 weeks after my last attack. Nothing. It didn't pass.

The last several days I've had some pain in my cojones. Not a lot, just a bit. This morning was the blood in my urine.

Here we go again. I wish the emmer effer would finally pass!

Update:

I get a large number of hits from Google searches on "Kidney Stone", "Lithotripsy", and other related terms. In an effort to make this subject easier to navigate on this blog, I am adding the following list of posts to every kidney stone entry to make them cross reference accessible.

If you are reading this because you have, or think you have, a kidney stone, I know your pain. Unless you've had one, and I've had some mild incidences and some really bad ones, no one can even imagine the level of pain.

Make an immediate appointment with an urologist. I am not a doctor and these are my experiences only!

You could be experiencing a kidney stone, but it may also be a urinary tract infection, a tumor, or other medical condition. Don't take any chances with your health!

These posts involve my passing of two giant 6mm stones this summer...three days apart! Wrapped in these posts are stories that detail my lifelong battle with them.

In the interest of clarity, these links are in temporal order.

First Signs Of A Stone May 7, 2007
What I Know About Kidney Stones May 8, 2007
A Discussion Of Lithotripsy May 9, 2007
Peeing Blood, No Pain May 11, 2007
Pain Returns May 18, 2007
Pain Again In The Back May 26, 2007
Bloody Urine Is Back July 12, 2007
Passed Kidney Stone #1 July 26, 2007
Passed Kidney Stone #2 July 30, 2007
I wish you well.
*

4 comments:

Maxine Perella said...

yeh, i had kidney stones years ago. hit me really young. a genetic gift passed on by my dad. can appreciate and sympathise! hope they fall out soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh buddy, I so completely feel for you on this.

During a most particularly intense part of the academic year, I realized just how much stress/anxiety/ and not dealing effectively with those things play a role in kidney stones.

It was over three hours on a Sunday morning that the initially mild pain in my flanks turned into the out of control wailing and inability to sit still that took morphine in the amount that would normally incapacitate a horse, just to make any small difference.

Though it never returned, I really didn't need a second example to put the needed awareness on the point. Good luck with it.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for you! My brother just underwent the same horrific ordeal. Had to spend some time in the hospital, and wasn't allowed to leave until it passed. They told him they would have to break it up if he couldn't pass it. He did enjoy his time with Mr. Morphine though. I'm crossing my fingers for you!

evilganome said...

God, I hope that is one complaint that never comes my way. I have heard it is excruciating. I will be sending good thoughts your way.