Monday, May 26, 2008

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?

This lady was nibbling her way across the field behind our house. This is the same area where I've taken the deer pics before but now everything is green and filled in. In this photo, she has heard the camera and looked my way to determine if she should run. I stayed perfectly still so she continued on at a leisurely pace. The wind was blowing toward me so she couldn't smell me. If she saw me and smelled me she would have taken off.

Click to engorge.
*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When THAT happens, and it is SO rare for us because usually the dog is with us.......I get chills. THAT is a nature experience that can't help but make you feel SO VERY ALIVE. THANKS, GAVIN for the photo....you're lucky she stood still while you clicked it. WAS she THAT close...or did you "zoom" this? I wish I'd been there to see her. GREAT shot.

Gavin said...

I used the zoom lens. I snuck up on her a little bit every time she put her head down to take a bite. At this point, she is probably about 50' away.

michael sean morris said...

That's a really good lens.

Gavin said...

MSM--I paid enough for it! Nikkor 28-200mm autofocus with vibration reduction.

michael sean morris said...

Well, obviously one gets what one pays for, doesn't one?