Monday, January 08, 2007

Ed Weaver Is A Nitwit 1.6.07

Ed Weaver dedicated 24 column inches to attacking me in Saturday's column, mentioning me by name a dozen times. He was responding to a condensed version of my 12.9.06 post that I had sent and they had printed several weeks ago.

I haven't decided yet how to respond. I could rebut everything he has to say and get sucked in, could write in something funny, or ignore it altogether. I'll keep you posted. If nothing else, I got his attention!

UPDATE: Here is his column.

UPDATE 2: I have decided not to respond, but to continue on criticizing future columns like I have been. Since his column appeared on Saturday, another Letter to the Editor was printed that criticized it/him (not in support of me, though). The Record also has a column called "Sound Off" where they print the content of anonymous callers. A piece critical of him (again, though, not in direct support of me) has appeared in this column as well. BTW, my brother seems to be enjoying all the drama!


Ed Weaver's column appears every Saturday in The Record newspaper in Troy, NY. I'd say he's a right-wing conservative, but all indications are that he's even whackier than that. His views are so skewed, and based in a reality that I don't even recognize, that I think he sees the world through fun house mirrors‚ only it isn't funny. He's proof of the theory that hindsight is 20/20, only his vision is 20/100...20 for those things that support his views, 100 for those that don't.

Previous Posts:

12.30.06 || 12.23.06 || 12.16.06
12.9.06 || 12.2.06 || 11.25.06 || 11.18.06 || 11.11.06 || 11.4.06
10.28.06 || 10.17.06 || 10.10.06 || 10.3.06 || 9.26.06 || 9.19.06

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the man still can't get over a sexual escapade and still supports a man who is responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths, then he is beyond help. Ignore him.

Gavin said...

I have decided to ignore this article, but I'm going to keep calling him out on his bs. His writing is read by a lot of people and he shouldn't go unchecked. I may not change his mind, but maybe he'll be more careful choosing his words and topics.

Besides, I rather like shedding light on the hypocrisy of others. Of course, speaking first hand, I don't recommend it as a successful relationship strategy when one has a partner who has a Masters Degree in Two Rules...one set of rules for him, and one set for you.