Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Ed Weaver Is A Nitwit 1.20.07

This week's column had a lot of Iraq stuff and the standard Democratic party / Nancy Pelosi bashing. Honestly, he must cut and paste this crap.

Mr. Weaver also went a long diatribe about Congressman Charlie Rangel referring to Saddam Hussein's hanging as a "lynching." I can't verify that Mr. Rangel ever said that, but if he did, I agree that this was a term used to inflame the situation. I have mixed feelings about the death penalty but I do agree this was capital punishment in the form of hanging and not a lynching. Just when I think I'm taking an intellectual position against the death penalty, someone like Saddam comes along, and it blows my whole anti attitude out the window and I think, "Hang the bastard."

Next up was a rant on global warming.

"...which is based on theory, assumption and junk science and is not viewed with credibility by the vast majority of the world's climatologists."
I am woefully uninformed on this subject but I don't think that this is correct. Wasn't the Kyoto Protocol written by the world's climatologists? I don't know...if anyone can point me to a credible independent resource (or a quote from President Bush) that rebuts his words I would greatly appreciate it.


Ed Weaver's column appears every Saturday in The Record newspaper in Troy, NY. I'd say he's a right-wing conservative, but all indications are that he's even whackier than that. His views are so skewed, and based in a reality that I don't even recognize, that I think he sees the world through fun house mirrors, only it isn't funny. He's proof of the theory that hindsight is 20/20, only his vision is 20/100...20 for those things that support his views, 100 for those that don't.

Previous Posts:

1.13.07 || 1.6.07 || 12.30.06 || 12.23.06 || 12.16.06
12.9.06 || 12.2.06 || 11.25.06 || 11.18.06 || 11.11.06 || 11.4.06
10.28.06 || 10.17.06 || 10.10.06 || 10.3.06 || 9.26.06 || 9.19.06

No comments: